I’m a veteran Network Engineer who has finally caught on how to put together CS teachings with a Networking degree. Working on doing almost all things via automation.
Self re-taught network/automation engineer. I’ve primarily been digging around within Ansible and Python. I’ve been doing Python networking since 2015 when a speaker came in and talked about how he had put together a NOC for a conference heavily leveraging automation capabilities via Python. Since then I have been going deep down the rabbit hole that is Network Automation.
In 2020 Cisco released the Cisco DevNet certification program. I am one of the first 500 individuals to achieve a Cisco DevNet certification, with passing first the DevNet Associate exam. Later I followed up that certification with the DevNet Professional certification as well.
- Network Automation Course (Packet Pushers): Ignition page.
- Minneapolis Ansible Meetup April 2020 Talk
- First half using NetBox with the NetBox Ansible Collections
- Second half on creating your own custom filters
- Ansible Guest Blog Post - Using NetBox as Ansible Source of Truth
- Minneapolis Ansible Meetup January 2021 - Ansible Records
- How to Introduce Telemetry Streaming (gNMI) in Your Network with SNMP with Telegraf
- Upcoming: DZone: How to Introduce Telemetry Streaming (gNMI) in Your Network with SNMP with Telegraf